Konishi Yasuharu supervises a new 7" single project on the Great Tracks label (Sony).
First of all comes a compilation called "Ace", named after monthly event (((((((A))))))) held at Organ bar the 3rd Friday of each month. Having been playing almost only 7"'s at club parties for the recent years, Konishi selected J-pop hit tracks that he wishes would be available on 7" for his live mixing.
This marks the beginning of a series of 7" releases of tracks featured on this compilation. The first two 7"'s are cuts from Pizzicato Five albums "couples" and "Bellissima!", respectively titled "couples ep" and "Bellissima! ep". See details below!
For those in Japan, Tower Records has a promotion where buying both the "Ace" compilation and either of the P5 7"'s at the same time gets you an original clear folder (while supplies last).
The next (((((((A))))))) will be held tomorrow Feb. 17 at Organ bar in Shibuya. Doors open at 22:00.
Various Artists "Ace"
(Title / Artist)
1. N.O. / Denki Groove
2. ai wa fushigi sa / Kome Kome Club
3. Shibuya de 5ji / Suzuki Masayuki & Kikuchi Momoko
4. Shangri-La / Denki Groove
5. Locolotion / Orange Range
6. Shanghai Honey / Orange Range
7. V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N / Yoshimura Yumi
8. Wedding Bell / Puffy
9. Birthday Boy / Watanabe Marina
10. ureshii! tanoshii! daisuki! ('Everlasting' Version) / Dreams Come True
11. Planets / Pizzicato Five
12. kaze ni naritai / The Boom
13. maware maware / Hiyajō Atsuko
14. Boyfriend / Inoue Mutsumi
15. Seven O'clock News / Pizzicato Five
16. Let's spend the night together / Pizzicato Five
17. daisuki / Okamura Yasuyuki
Pizzicato Five "couples ep" (7")
A. Seven O'clock News
B. They All Laughed
Pizzicato Five "Bellissima! ep" (7")
B. This Can't Be Love