The Komaneko 1-hour stop-animation film, that was shown in theaters starting in December 2006, will finally be released on DVD!
There will be a pre-order-only limited edition with the following extras:
- a box just like Komaneko's picnic box in the movie, this box opens into two different scenes from the movie!
- Komaneko stuffed doll;
- three smaller stuffed character key-chains;
- a sticker sheet;
- 7 photo cards.
"komadori eiga: komaneko" (DVD)
(60 min. + bonus 40 min., color, Japanese 5.1 ch., 4:3, probably region 2)
Main feature chapters (60 min.) (unofficial translations)
1. hajime no ippo (The first step)
2. Camera no renshū (Camera practice)
3. koma to rajibo- (Koma and Rajibo)
4. Rajibo no tatakai (Rajibo's battle)
5. hontō no tomodachi (Real friends)
(1, 3 and 5 are 3D stop-animation, 2 and 4 are 2D stop-animation)
Bonus features (40 min.)
- Komaneko ga dekiru made ~Making~ (Until Komaneko was done ~Making of ...~)
- Staff interviews
- Komaneko new shots (stills)
Director Gōda Tsuneo and animator Minegishi Hirokazu commentary