A waterfall of events led Nomiya Maki (ex-Pizzicato Five) and producer Sakaguchi Osamu (a soundtrack producer who first got in touch with Maki in the Portable Rock days) to start a project that re-introduces Shibuya-kei hit songs and important influences of the scene.
This resulted in a first show held on November 3, 2013 at Billboard Live Tokyo, featuring songs by Pizzicato Five, Cornelius, Original Love, Ozawa Kenji, and many influential favorites, all performed with a full live band. This CD contains a whole show complete with talk in-between the songs.
The album comes in a mini-LP sleeve, with a booklet of liner notes and lyrics. All songs can be sampled at CDJapan.
A special live & talk event will be held at Pass the Baton (Omotesando Hills, Harajuku) on November 15 from 19:00. Hundreds of Maki's personal items are on display and for sale at the shop until November 24.
Nomiya Maki "Miss Maki Nomiya Sings Shibuya-kei Standards"
野宮真貴 「実況録音盤! 『野宮真貴、渋谷系を歌う。〜MISS MAKI NOMIYA SINGS SHIBUYA KEI STANDARDS〜』」
(Original artist in parentheses)
1. Tokyo wa yoru no 7ji (The Night Is Still Young) (Pizzicato Five)
3. The Love Parade (Cornelius)
5. Chance ga hoshii no (Koshiji Fubuki)
6. Our day will come (Ruby & The Romantics)
8. My Pure Lady (Ozaki Amii)
10. "Director Miki Satoshi Medley" jikō keisaku no Theme ~ Atami no sōsakan no Theme ~ Instant numa no Theme (Sakiguchi Osamu)
11. Hong Kong Night Sight (Matsutoya Yumi)
13. ikigai (Yuki Saori)
15. aru hi totsuzen (Toi et Moi)
16. tsuki no ura de aimashō (ORIGINAL LOVE)
18. bokura ga tabi ni deru riyu (Ozawa Kenji)
19. "Pizzicato Five Medley" Twiggy Twiggy ~ Happy Sad ~ banji kaicho (Tout va bien) ~ Baby Portable Rock ~ koi no Rule, atarashii Rule (La règle du jeu) ~ Playboy Playgirl ~ Twiggy Twiggy (Pizzicato Five)