Nomiya Maki has a brand new album just about to be released! This album has a theme of "French Shibuya-kei", highlighting bits of the French culture that influenced the Shibuya-kei scene. This is a 2-CD release of both a studio album and a full live show. The art direction was done by Shindō Mitsuo.
The studio album includes a cover of "Un Homme et Une Femme" (by Francis Lai, from the 1966 movie of the same name) in duet with Yokoyama Ken (Crazy Ken Band), one of "Chanson des Jumelles" (by Michel Legrand, from the 1966 movie "Les demoiselles de Rochefort") with French singer Clémentine, and a self-cover of Pizzicato Five's "Weekend"! "Un Homme et Une Femme" is a Japanese version that was newly translated by Konishi Yasuharu! Also there's a cover of Suzuki Masayuki's "Shibuya de 5ji" featuring the artist himself, and a new version of Toi et Moi's "aru hi totsuzen". Look out for more appearances of Clémentine and also Kaji Hideki. "Bon odori" versions of "Tokyo wa yoru no 7ji" and "Sweet Soul Revue" are included as bonus tracks. Watch a digest clip here.
The live CD is a full recording of a show held at Billboard Live Tokyo in November 2015, which closed with a Pizzicato Five medley.
The following in-store events have been announced: August 30 at HMV & Books (Shibuya) from 20:30 with a live radio recording from 22:00 (only for those who buy the album there) (details), September 10 at HMV & Books from 14:00 (free mini-live) (details) and September 25 at Tower Records Shibuya from 14:00 (only for those who bought the album there) (details).
Shows at Billboard Live Tokyo will be held again this year, on November 11 and 12. Details here. This will be preceded by shows in Osaka and Nagoya.
Nomiya Maki "otoko to onna 'Un Homme et Une Femme' ~ Nomiya Maki, French Shibuya-kei o utau."
野宮真貴 「男と女 ～野宮真貴、フレンチ渋谷系を歌う。」
2. Un Homme et Une Femme [en duo avec Ken Yokoyama de Crazy Ken Band] (Movie "Un Homme et Une Femme" 50th anniversary official supporter song)
3. Chanson des Jumelles [en duo avec Clémentine]
4. Shibuya de 5ji [en duo avec Clémentine et avec Masayuki Suzuki]
5. aru hi totsuzen -Gainsbourg Version-
6. Weekend [en duo avec Clémentine]
7. Un Homme et Une Femme -All Scat Version- [en duo avec Clémentine, Hideki Kaji et plus]
8. Tokyo wa yoru no 7ji -bon odori Version- (Bonus track)
9. Sweet Soul Revue -bon odori Version- (Bonus track)
(Original artist in parentheses)
1. Tokyo wa yoru no 7ji (The night is still young) (Pizzicato Five)
3. WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE (Jackie DeShannon)
5. ongaku no yō na kaze (EPO)
7. Friends Again (Flipper's Guitar)
9. Daniel Mon Amour (Henmi Mari
10. Jazzru kokoro (Le coeur qui jazze) (France Gall)
12. omoide no Rock'n'roller (Ex fan des sixties) (Jane Birkin)
14. Paris no koibito / Tokyo no koibito (Mizuki Arisa)
16. chūō Freeway (Arai Yumi (Yuming))
18. sekai wa ai o motometeru (What The World Needs Now Is Love (Japanese version))
19. Pizzicato Five Medley 2015: Tout tout pour ma chérie / London Paris / Mon Amour Tokyo / Strawberry Sleighride / 24 décembre / Sweet Soul Revue
"otoko to onna [en duo avec Yokoyama Ken de Crazy Ken Band]" (Short ver.)